Modern Calligraphy Workshop for Beginners
Time & Location
About the Event
TICKETS ARE $85 AND MUST BE PURCHASED HERE.
Join local calligrapher, Gina Mattioli of GM Calligraphy, for a beginner's calligraphy workshop. We'll walk through the steps and techniques to begin creating your own unique style of calligraphy using pointed pen. You will learn how to identify the main supplies needed, nib prep, warm-up exercises, up and down strokes, letter formation and connecting words. (and a full beginners kit to continue practicing!) Session ends with a DIY activity for you to take home, and plenty of time for 1 on 1 support and Q&A. Can’t wait to see you there! Bring you BFF!
You will receive a full beginners kit that will include:
- A specially curated class booklet for you to be able to practice and learn
- Pen Holder
- refreshments and snacks
- refreshments (BYOB of you'd like!)
- a suprise piece has been added to the kit this year!
After this class, you’ll be able to:
- Use a nib and pen holder for pointed pen calligraphy
- Learn to write a lowercase and uppercase alphabet using the pointed pen technique
If you have any questions about the class please do not hesitate to reach us via email at email@example.com When registering, if you are also registering for a friend, please include her/his name. Seating is limited to 20
Please note: there must be a minimum of 3 attendees signed up for the class. If we do not reach this number you will be contacted with refund/ class swap options.